Committed to Our Future
Last fall, just weeks after news of our strategic combination, Atrium Health announced a planned investment of $3.4 billion over the next 10 years in our health system and the communities we serve. It is a welcome and wonderful investment, as we have outlined in this issue of Engage.
What may not be obvious is how these investments are designed to complement philanthropic giving. These investments will be used to help improve all that we do – our dedicated clinical care, stellar education and training, and leading research efforts. Yet only through continued philanthropy will we be able to meet all that our community expects and deserves from its only academic health system.
Plans for our new Eye Institute, also featured in this issue of our magazine, are one example. Atrium’s investments are expected to provide approximately 80% of the total cost of the project. The remaining 20%, or about $12 million, must be raised through a philanthropic fundraising campaign.
Atrium has committed to joining with our philanthropic partners to build a world-class Eye Institute, and that philanthropic support is needed to make it a reality.
This is the essence of a successful partnership. Working with Atrium and our philanthropic partners, we will not only meet the clinical, educational and research needs of the 21st century, we will soar above and beyond.
Lisa M. Marshall
Chief Philanthropy Officer
Vice President, Philanthropy and Alumni Relations