Each year, individuals, organizations, companies, schools and community members raise money by holding fundraising events to benefit Wake Forest Baptist Health. All events, large or small, play a significant role in raising awareness and much-needed support for our innovative medical research and world-class care.
Your fundraiser makes an impact on the lives of our patients.
Ideas to Get You Started
Here are some ways you can make an impact:
- Every year students at Wake Forest University raise funds in memory of cherished WFU alumni Brian Piccolo. The student’s efforts hosted across campus and throughout the year have raised more than $3 million to date for cancer research.
- Hold a dress-down day at your place of work in exchange for a donation.
- Have a yard sale, lemonade stand, bake sale or car wash.
- Donate a percentage of sales during a designated time period or number of customers.
- Compete in a local race — whether running, walking or cycling — and ask friends and family to sponsor you.
- Mark birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones with a donation to Wake Forest Baptist Health or Brenner Children’s Hospital.
Examples of Past Fundraisers
- Below are a few community fundraisers that have been held to support Wake Forest Baptist Health and Brenner Children's Hospital:
- For one month, 36 regional Great Clips locations donated a percentage of sales and all sales of Brenner Children’s cut-outs.
- American Fire Sprinkler Association held their annual golf tournament to raise awareness and support for the Burn Center at Wake Forest Baptist Health.
- Seven-year-old Brooklyn Hutchins hosted a bake and lemonade sale in honor of her friend, Anslee, who was diagnosed with cancer and treated at Brenner Children’s.
- Brenner HOPE, a medical student organization that supports pediatric oncology patients at Brenner Children’s, hosted their second annual Give Back Night at Chipotle.
- Dancers Edge hosted a Trunk-or-Treat and silent auction with all proceeds benefitting the Brenner Children’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Make it Happen!
To ensure a successful fundraising event, please check out our Community Fundraiser Guidelines, which includes answers to frequently asked questions. Our guidelines will help keep your fundraiser aligned with our mission and image.
Before your event, please submit a request form. This event form must be submitted and reviewed by the Office of Philanthropy before you hold your event, so please submit it as early as possible in the planning process.
We are truly grateful for those who support Wake Forest Baptist through community fundraising events. Thank you!